Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1st

It's been a long day as I feel like two years ago today my life fell apart. Two years ago today I lost my Pappy to cancer. Two months after that Matt's second brain tumor was found. Since this day two years ago, there hasn't been a lot of calm in my life. It seems impossible that the two favorite men in my life are gone. And even more impossible that I have survived. If a fortune teller would have told me this was my fate, I would have punched her in the face.

That's all I am going to say for today as I need to spend some snuggle time with Lila on the couch.  I simply don't have the energy to try to write a tribute blog to share how much Pappy meant to my life, what a shining light he was to me and how much I miss him, his wisdom, and of course his jokes. Matt loved him very much as well, they easily became buds. How could they not? They were both wonderful easy going fun loving guys who loved football. I also spent a good portion of yesterday blogging for the Chicagoland Young Widow Connection as their guest blogger so I am blogged out . The theme is the same from many of my previous posts here but check it out... http://www.chicagolandwidowed.org/blog/listen-your-body-monday-october-1-2012. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to reach other widows out there and I can only hope it helps someone in their journey.  

Namaste

My Two Favorites 

Down the Aisle 

Grandfather/Daughter Dance 

A Picnic with Pappy

More lounging at the Picnic

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog. This was a great post. Keep hanging in there, my friend. You've proven yourself to be the strongest person I know, and I'm inspired and amazed by you all the time! You're so brave and I'm always cheering for you. Xo, Holly

    ReplyDelete