Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm Back!

And you didn't even know I was gone right? I returned from a long weekend in NYC visiting a friend yesterday. It was a lovely trip filled with lots of walking the New York City streets with blisters to prove it and checking out some of the current health trends. I even got to check out YogaWorks, a national teacher training program that has a few studios across the country including NYC. They have a 500 Hour Teacher Training program in San Diego which could be a possible next step in my yoga world domination but I better start teaching first! Check out some shots from NYC below...


Me on 60th Street


View of the city from New Jersey


Enjoying tulips in Tribecca


Lincoln Center


A walk thru Central Park


Lots of New Yorkers enjoying Central Park


NYC Tree Pose from Jersey

I was slightly mad to jump on a plane so soon after my 40 hour journey home but I wanted to visit my friend before I headed across the country. There is no time like the present! The first week back from Bali was spent adjusting and I am lucky that I had the time to do so. The weather was the biggest and most difficult change. Not to diss on the Midwest but it was cold and dreary here. Everything in Bali was so green and lush it was a major recalibration for my eyes. But spring is trying to push through here with a high weather prediction of 70 degrees today and due to my grandma's love of gardening her grass is looking very green! The other adjustment was food. I was used to eating so healthy and really enjoying it. When I got back all the preservatives and additives made me sick so I got to smoothie making very quickly. The fruit isn't quite as fresh but it will have to do for now. Can't beleive I almost forgot this change which was really the worst... the jet lag! I am all better now though if you consider being in bed by 9pm and up by 6am normal!

I have been a little overwhelmed since I got back. After learning so much and realizing there is so much out there, I didn't know where to start. I just wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go. I learned that you have to leave things up to God/the Universe (whatever you want to call that higher power) but at the same time you have to put some effort into it... where do you draw the line? I can't really start teaching because I need to teach in a place where I will live. My mom is going to be on a strict class regimen while I am home but that's about the best I can do on the teaching front for now. If there are any Daytonians that want yoga classes from yours truly please let me know! I have been putting a lot of thought into this and would really like to try this blogging/writing thing so I will be putting more time and effort into this as I chill in Ohio for a bit. Let's see where this goes... universe I might be taking the lead for awhile feel free to take charge at any time! 

Namaste

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment