Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 3 of the Journey out West

I took off early Sunday morning after rain delays on Saturday with a giant picnic basket full of smoothies and healthy snacks. It seemed as if it was meant to be as I drove off into the sun with no traffic.  We made great time stopping a few times for gas and lunch at a rest stop in Missouri. Lila loved the rest stop but was a little distracted from her lunch by the squirrels. 

We drove to Arkansas just over the border of Missouri to stay with my aunt for a few days. Lila and I are enjoying some lazy days although currently Lila is running around like a maniac chasing critters and kittens with mud all over her. She loves it here. She wakes up every morning to stare out the window and see what she can chase for the day. Now I just need to figure out how to destinkify her for the rest of the drive. 

Back to driving tomorrow and on to Oklahoma and Texas. See you in the Lone Star State!


Lead Hill is the booming metropolis where my Aunt lives

namaste

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment