Friday, May 17, 2013

a not so exciting Friday update

Life has been chugging along and as I predicted my time to leave Ohio would soon be here. I still have the rest of the month but I am going to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend so there goes a big chunk of my time. I am headed there for a friend's wedding and of course to see many more friends before I leave the midwest. Can't wait! After my visit I will come back to Ohio and pack up the car and leave around the 1st of June. 

I have been sick the past couple of days so trying to get over this. I am not sure if it's allergies or a cold or perhaps I am just allergic to Ohio. I laid around for one WHOLE day which is essentially like torture to me. I am still trying to keep it low key so I can kick this thing for real and don't have to be a sicky mess when I head to Chi-town. It's always a challenge for me to slow down but it's imperative when trying to heal. One good thing of the whole sickness is that I discovered the Neti Pot. Yes it looks and sounds scary but it works for me and it could work for you too! I was able to use it properly on the first try so it can't be that hard? Just check out the online videos of how to do it here...http://www.himalayaninstitute.org/products-publications/neti-pot-products/ . And to avoid amoebas (don't ask), use distilled water not from the tap. 

My sickness also coincided with the last day of my cleanse. I tried to stick it out but I was hungry for Nanny's famous homemade toast and the thought of making more kitcheree made me more ill. This particular cleanse was not for me. I was eating rice porridge (https://www.doctorblossom.com/index.php/nutrition-a-recipes/cleansing-recipes/65) for breakfast and then kitcheree (https://www.doctorblossom.com/index.php/nutrition-a-recipes/63) for lunch and dinner. I was allowed snacks of apples and sesame seeds during the day. There was also a digestive tea (https://www.doctorblossom.com/index.php/nutrition-a-recipes/cleansing-recipes/62) I drank and was allowed as much room temp water as I wanted (don't be jealous). Again this wasn't the right cleanse for me but it works for a lot of people and has for thousands of years, not sure what my deal is. Maybe my body is saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."



namaste

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment